Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Easter & Birthdays

So my girlfriends were harassing me a little about my lack of blogging lately. So here's a brief update on what we've been doing the last few weeks. Our lives have been extremely hectic and we're hoping that things will slow down after vacation.

Easter - We headed down South to JC to see Grammy and Poppa and Aunties and Cousins. Merrick had a wonderful time getting to play with Quin, Micah, Jaley and Genna. The weekend was full of craziness, which is typical when you get that many people together and kids hyped up on sugar and presents.

Merrick & Travis' birthdays - Because we have had such a crazy schedule, we ended up celebrating Merrick's birthday on Travis' birthday. Hey... he's 3... he'll never know the difference! Travis got to pick out the cake, while we got it decorated in Merrick's favorite things... signs! When I brought the cake home to show him, he said "Oh my gosh" and then started telling me which signs were on there. He then decided that he wanted to look at the cake even more, so he pushed his little stool over to the counter and stood for at least 30 minutes staring at his cake. I also made sign and train shaped cookies for his party. The things a mom does... 3 hours of decorating cookies and a numb hand from squeezing the icing container. I can only hope that one day he'll appreciate all my hard work =) His party was a huge success, he was so excited about the cones and signs I had brought from work to decorate the yard with. The weather cooperated and the kids were able to play outside. I still can't believe he's already 3 years old. Time sure does fly!

No comments: