Friday, July 10, 2009

My New Obsession

So I have to admit that I have a new obsession. It's coupon shopping. Travis and I have been trying to find new and creative ways to cut our monthly costs. My idea was to look at our grocery shopping and figure out where we could save some money. The first step was making a weekly menu, creating a grocery list and only buying what was on the list when I went to the store. This definitely helped with our spending, but I wanted to figure out what I could do to save even more. So I started doing some searching on coupons. It's amazing how much money you can save. I've added a few of the links of the blogs I follow. These women do all the work for me. They post links to coupons, they analyze the weekly ads from the stores and they tell you how to combine coupons and store specials to get the best deal.

Last week I was at Albertson's and bought $95 worth of groceries for $19. The women behind me in line were amazed at what I accomplished. I left the store a little giddy with the deals I had scored.

So, if you have any coupons that you aren't using, rather than putting them in the recycle bin, send them my way, or even better, maybe you'll join the crazy world of coupon shopping!

1 comment:

Chris10 said...

Good for you Anna. About 6 months ago I started making weekly menus, mostly so that I could plan ahead and make meals that Grant would eat too, but it has helped me save $ as well. My grandma also gave me some coupons she had printed out from online and I used them.....they saved me about $10 without even trying. You should check out the site www.coupons.com if you haven't. You can use their coupons at Winco too. Are you having to go to multiple stores to get your shopping done? Keep the tips coming....saving money on groceries excites me too! Seems we are always on the same page with these things.