Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful October weekend

We had beautiful weather here in Portland this weekend. Friday, I took Merrick to the Children's Museum to see Bob the Builder and his gang. I didn't realize that there was no school on Friday, so the museum was pretty busy. Merrick especially enjoyed being able to "drive" all of Bob's vehicles. He also enjoyed using the computer and phone in the "hospital area". I could not get him to go play in the water though. Maybe another day... I bought us a museum pass, so we will have plenty more opportunities to go back and play on yucky, rainy days.

Saturday morning I went for an 8 mile run with Sara and Gretchen from Sara's house. We did a couple of loops around Mt. Tabor. Unfortunately it was still pretty foggy when we were at the top, so we didn't get to enjoy the great view of the city. Afterwards, I met Travis and picked up Merrick, so Trav could play flag football. I was able to have lunch and go shopping with my mom and sister, which is always fun.

Travis had prepared me that he had a surprise planned for me that night. He ended up tying someone at work and they both raised $800 for the Race for the Cure. His prize was a gift certificate to www.livingroomtheaters.com We met Kris and Sara there for dinner and a movie. We watched Kabluey www.kabluey.com and we were all surprised at how funny it was. It was so nice to have a night out without Merrick and hang out with fun people.

We took Merrick to Lee Farms today to visit all the animals and pick out a pumpkin. We saw goats, llamas, cows, pigs and chickens, all of which we were able to pet (except the pigs... apparently they bite). Merrick really enjoyed seeing the animals, but what he liked best was the giant slide. He kept asking and asking to go on the slide, so we bought some tickets and let him go three times. I think he would have stayed there all night, but Travis and I cut him off after three rides since it cost $2 every time he went. We tried to talk him into picking out a pumpkin, but he wasn't into it. So we will have to make another trip to the farm (or the store) to get our pumpkins.

Pictures will be posted soon...

No comments: