Sunday, October 12, 2008

Busy days

The last two weeks have been very hectic and busy. Travis travelled to Alabama to visit his brother and was home for a day before I had to leave for a three day work trip to Bozeman, Montana. I got home Friday evening and crashed. I was supposed to join Bhavna, Susan and Sara for a 12 mile run (our last double digit run before the race), but decided to sleep-in instead. I guess I needed it because I was in bed until 10 am. I haven't done that since before Merrick was born.

I got up and going just in time for Merrick to get sick. He had some kind of bug and was throwing up and had a fever for several hours. Thankfully it didn't last too long. Sunday morning we went to Corey & Rebecca's to cheer Bob on. It has been an annual tradition for the past 4 years to go to Corey and Rebecca's on the day of the Portland Marathon. They live right on the course between mile 19 and 20. We always know someone who's running and it is a great chance to cheer on all the runners.

Then Sunday afternoon I met Coleen at Leif Erickson for a run. I put in 12 miles and she did 9. I was incredibly proud of her. She has come a long way with her running and 9 miles is a huge accomplishment. She is going to do awesome at the half-marathon in SF. My 12 miles felt good, although I missed my running companions. I am really looking forward to my marathon next weekend and feel really good about the training I've been doing. Hopefully it all pays off and I feel good after the race.

Monday I headed off to Pullman, Washington for another work trip and got home around midnight on Tuesday. Only to jump in the car at 7 am Wednesday morning to drive to Centralia for a work conference. The good thing is I am home the week of October 13th, although I leave on the 17th for San Francisco, get home on the 20th and then will be in Corvallis for work on the 22nd and 23rd.

We just have to make it through fall recruiting... which ends towards the end of November.

No comments: