Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm in Love!

I have fallen in love with Paris! I am amazed with everything this city has to offer, including the stunning Eiffel Tower. The other night I mentioned that we would be heading there to have a picnic dinner and a glass of wine. Well things didn't work out exactly as we had planned. We got in line, which was surprisingly short, only to be told NO ALCOHOL! Travis decided to put the bottle of wine we had just bought in the garbage and hope that it would be there when we returned. After getting through security, we noticed that the top floor was closed. I told Travis that we would wait in line and if it was still closed when we got up to pay that we would come back another time. How could I go to the Eiffel Tower and not go all the way up? We were told once we got to pay that the top would open in about 30 minutes. So up we went! The view from the 2nd floor is amazing and we got to watch the sunset and then up to the very top to watch the lights come on in Paris. Absolutely stunning! I told Travis that I could stay up there all night. After soaking it all in, we decided to head down and see if our wine was still there. IT WAS! I don't know how that happened, but it was about 11 pm by then so we decided to head back to our room and have our picnic there.

No comments: