Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Versailles

We had a late night last night, including 2 frustrating hours of trying to call and talk to Merrick. I couldn't get the calling card we bought to work, so I ended up using the cell phone for a few minutes, only to find out he was taking a nap. I had my first breakdown in the 6 days we have been gone. Thankfully it didn't last long. Then the people that are on the same floor as us came back right after we had tried to go to sleep and pretty much had what sounded like a party in the hall way.

We got up late this morning and decided to take advantage of the nicer weather and head to Versailles. The train there was uneventful. We purchased our tickets in Paris so thankfully we did not have to wait in line to buy tickets there, but there was about a 45 minute wait to get into the building. We ended up spending about 4 hours there and still didn't see everything. If you ever make a trip to Paris, you definitely want to have this on your list of places to go. It is amazing! It's hard for me to believe that people actually lived in these buildings.

Travis and I made our way back to Paris and to our hotel. I had to call Merrick to hear his voice and I don't know what I did, but I actually got through this time. I just love hearing his little voice say "mama". He didn't say much else to me, but grandma Bec said he just sat there with a smile on his face the entire time I was talking. We've been lucky that both hotels so far have had free computer/internet access, although the keyboard here in France is taking some getting used to. It's been great to be able to read emails and keep up the blog.

We've decided to get a little rest and then go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower this evening. We bought a bottle of wine that we are hoping to enjoy at the top. Tomorrow and Thursday will be full of museums and sights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... I am pretty sure it's hard for you to be away from Merrick so long...At least he said 'mama'! =)Today Kelley brought Michael in and he was one happy boy. Have fun!! =)